We all love rainy season as the water downpours in plenty soothing our hearts. But with that, there comes the evilness of seeping water into our basement. This is annoying sometimes as you don’t want that unnecessary water flowing down on your floors. This could also prove dangerous as there are always chances of you slipping down on the floor. Waterproofing your basement is something often neglected but proves vital in keeping your house protected from any leakage. There are different methods to keep the unwanted water out of your house. Mostly these are cheaper while some intensive cases it can prove expensive as well. Read on to know about the different methods and applications of basement Waterproofing.
- Interior Basement Waterproofing:
This process includes pushing out unnecessary water out of the house and fixing up the spots from inside the home. This could be a cheaper option and proves vital in cases very exterior Waterproofing seems impossible to carry out. This is often termed as “negative side” project.
- Concrete Coating: It is basically pushing the water out of the house through a long pipe attached to a sump pump. A thick coating of cement like substance is then applied to the wall which sticks up fast once dried. These can be applied with the help of heavy brushes made up of strong bristles. It gives an attractive finish to the walls. It can even be applied on the previously painted walls.
- Sealants: There are a number of companies which provide sealants to cover the leaking spots on the wall. Although this process not very durable as the water seeps in through it as the sealants become loose. The cost of sealant based Waterproofing is more than other processes.
- Exterior basement Waterproofing:
Exterior Waterproofing is often termed as ‘positive side’ projects as the process mainly aims to keep the water from entering the house.
- Excavation: It is believed that digging and installing a perimeter drain is an effective method. This process requires precision to be successful. Although this process is quite expensive it is deemed as one of the best methods to keep the water out of your house.
- Applying Sodium bentonite: Bentonite consists mostly of montmorillonite and is a very good absorbent. It has proved as one of the best sealants available in the market. Sodium Bentonite swells multiple times in size and acts as a water proof sealant. It is quite inexpensive, easy to install, and acts as a permanent solution. Although some contractors do not recommend this saying that it is ineffective in can’t control outdoor water drains.
Things to remember:
Before you hire a basement Waterproofing workers make sure you have checked and deployed the simplest solutions around your house. The water seepage might be due to the reason of water clogging near your house. Also, discuss the time, prices, durability and other details with your contractors. Learn about the different types of Waterproofing the company offers and what does the warranty cover. Choose the best plan and the method to get your basement Waterproofing done.